Wednesday, July 27, 2011

'A memorable collection'

It was my birthday over a month ago and my beautiful friend Jade sent me this book, among other things. When I opened the package she sent, and I saw this i was so excited. I have read a handfull of Haruki Murakami's books and loved them so I was thrilled to add another to my collection. I am one to judge a book by its cover and I love the look of these books so much, thats why I started reading them. Shallow I know, but after reading the first I was hooked. I first saw them on Jade and Josh's bookcase and there were a few so i thought, well if Jade and Josh are reading them, i probably should to.. couldnt hurt. Im determined to read them all.

Birthday Stories is a collection of stories from all different authors and they are all based on birthdays. They arent all happy stories leaving you all warm and fuzzy inside. Most of them have you thinking long afterwards trying to figure it out. Im guessing that was Haruki's intension.






Love Jade so so much


She even thought of the bookmark- how could you not love her.


Ive almost finished Birthday Stories. 5 Short stoires to go. Once finishing, i will let you know which was my favourite and what Haruki Murakami ill be reading next.



1 comment:

  1. You are so cool xxxxx I'm so sorry I haven't checked your blog in ages!! Love the new look and the pics are sicccccccccck as ever. Thanks so much for mentioning me :D I have to lift my blogging game!!

    ReplyDelete