Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Garmet Making Course

Ok soo in a bid to make new friends and meet some nice people I have done something that I never had the courage to do before and have signed up and paid for a 5 week night course.

In the course I will be learning how to make garmets from commerical patterns and learn how to adjust to size.... It will teach me how to use a sewing machine and over locker correctly.... how to hem and sow on a zip.. and how to choose the right material..

Im actually pretty excited.. My mum can sew so well.. she made my communion and confirmation dresses.. she has made fantastic quilts, table runners. My auntys Carmen and Carolyn are also great!!! They often compare their works of art. I really would like to make my own things for around the house and clothes even nice gifts for people.... It starts on the 10th of May so once it starts i will let you know and keep you updated.. I really want to buy a sewing machine sooner or later too..

So this is hopefully one way i can meet some friends and keep them as friends.. There is a huge list of courses that I could do but i thought this might be the one attracting younger people. I even asked the enrolling lady what ages the other people were and they around my age and all women. Ohh i hope this works.. Fingers Crossed!!!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds freaking awesome! can't wait to see what you get up to! i would like to put in a request for a cinderella ballgown :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to put in a request for some vintage style dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete