Thursday, April 1, 2010

Primary back ground work

Im trying to find my way around this blogging thing and im guessing people just write what they want. Seriously if you dont want to read it... dont.. i will be offended :P

I moved straight out of the womb to where i lived for 22 years in Altona Meadows.. My younger brother Stephen calls it "A TOWN" He gets in a taxi and they ask "Where too?", Stephen screams "A TOWN" believing the driver really knows where "A TOWN" is.. Anywayz so i lived in "A Town" all my life and i liked it. Went to primary school at the local catholic school. QOP. Said our prayers every morning and got bullied but some unnamed people.. one being my husband... no no just kidding.. he didnt talk to me haha

When I was in prep mum used to carpool with Loretta from across the road.. and some days Loretta would walk to school and we would walk back.. so this one day she came to pick us up and she had her pram out with Thomas her youngest in it.. I assumed we were walking home. Loretta was a bit of a chatter and to be honest I had better stuff to do than listen to her go on about, well lets face it.. shit, so I thought I would start walking..

My house in "A TOWN" was about a 15 minute walk away from the school for an adult but for a 5/6 year old it was longer, alot longer. By the time Loretta finished yapping I was long gone. And by the time I got home, I was in BIG TROUBLE. Apparently Loretta totally freaked out, which is understandable and had some teachers searching for me around the school. She called mum and it was on. MISSING CHILD.. I was fine though.. walked all the way with not trouble. My poor mum was hestirical. All I can remember is walking up the porch and she comes rushing out with her arms open and crying..Like it was a really joyous occassion.. yeah she was happy to see me but then I got inside and it was a total different scene and then my bloody dad got home..Lets just say I never walked home by myself again.

So primary school was pretty adventureous.. reached grade six and I was outta there. Our princible was Mr Ryan. Basil Ryan.. He was an odd character and to make matters worse he lived in the court across from me. Mr Ryan was a tall man.. had a rough beard and his favourite choice of footware was sandles with socks.. So addtractive ey. He was very sun smart and if we didnt have a hat and sunnies we were "silly sausages" I never had the privilage of having sunglasses at primary school, but what could i do, I didnt own a purse.

Grade 6 came and went and walah.. i found myself at mackillop and surviving another 6 years of school.. Thats for another day..


Good Afternoon Dirty Whisphers!!xx

1 comment: